Monday, July 27, 2009

Click July 2009 Bi Colour : Fried Eggplant




I am not a big fan of eggplant, but once in a while the eggplant is on my dining table.

Eggplant



The eggplant, aubergine, or brinjal (Solanum melongena), is a plant of the family Solanaceae (also known as the nightshades) and genus Solanum. It bears a fruit of the same name, commonly used as a vegetable in cooking. As a nightshade, it is closely related to the tomato and potato and is native to India and Sri Lanka.


Eggplant



Usually, I cook eggplant with hot spices, or with coconut milk to make sayur lodeh (lodeh soup).
However, this time I deep fried eggplant with ready-to-mix seasonings. The fried eggplant is very crunchy and tasty.


Fried Eggplant


This month Click`s event organized by Jai and Bee of Jugalbandi is very special to me. I am entrusted to become one of the Jury of this month. The theme is Bi Colour. I am thankful for this special opportunity. If you want to be part of this event, you can click on this link. The picture above is my contribution to this Click July 2009.

3 comments:

Sofie said...

kereeenn...
fotonya jernih banget
eh jadi juri yaa? congratz :)

Elsye said...

nuhunnn Soof...ikutan yuukss jigana bulan ini yang setor cuma sedikit deh ;D

Ema said...

selamat bertugas ya sye..., photonya jg selalu keren..!!